Some of you may remember I made a post the day after my birthday last year (if you don't remember or need a little refresher, here's the link: www.byvern.com/blog/twenty-onegoals). It was a list of twenty-one goals for my twenty-first birthday.
Here's how it went:
- Discover my photography style: I think I've pretty much got it down. My Instagram feed looks pretty coherent, and lately I've been sticking with the same preset. I'm happy about it.
- Expand my Etsy shop: Mmm, while I didn't add new items, I did add new banners. This kind of got put on the back burner while photography really made itself the priority, which I am totally okay with.
- Get healthy: I can't say I got as healthy as I wanted to be, but I did lose 12 pounds and a whole size in clothes, so I can't complain. I'll be returning back to my keto diet after my birthday tomorrow. I also really have to start running more. Or just in general.
- Book more photography gigs: This happened!! Big shout out to Jesus and everyone who booked with me. You are all STARS. Let's make it even MORE this year!!
- Completely brand a new business: I made quite a few logos, but I didn't completely brand a business besides my new wedding and engagement photography business. So I guess that counts. Maybe a branding business will come somewhere down the road after photography gets old (which may not ever happen). I won't be mad about it.
- Go on a mission trip: Ugh, I honestly think this one will be the only one I'm truly upset about. I'm feeling guilty. I wanted to go, but I didn't quite make the effort. I could have made this happen.
- Blog more: I think I did pretty okay. I added a few blogs to this site, and also wrote a few for Daisy Jar. I'm content with this. Though, I just realized I completely forgot to write a December blog. OOPS.
- Make more friends: While they aren't my new best friends forever, I can definitely say I met some cool people and reconnected with others. They're all super rad and I hope to grow closer with them in the future!
- Continue to support myself: Check! We're good to go. I'd still consider myself poor af but at least I can pay my bills and treat myself to Chilli's every once in a while. That's good, right?
- Read more: I have started many books, magazines, and Audiobooks. Have I finished them? No. It'll get there.
- Set a graduation plan: FOUR MORE CLASSES! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? BECAUSE I CAN'T.
- Collaborate with businesses/brands: I did this and it was SO much fun. I love commercial work! This past year, I was lucky enough to score a job with an awesome marketing company. I've done pictures for Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Checkers & Rally's, Woodspring Hotels, Wawa, and the VCA Animal Hospital. I can't wait to continue working with them.
- Travel: Yep, did some local staycations in Orlando, Sebastian, and Vero Beach. Then I did some bigger vacations/workcations to Savannah and North Carolina. This year I'll be visiting Jersey, New York City, and Illinois!
- Get rid of stuff: I did get rid of a lot of clothes this year, as well as some miscellaneous things. There is definitely more to get rid of, though.
- Buy a car: I DID IT. I GOT MY LICENSE AND I HAVE A CAR. This is my biggest accomplishment of the year. I was honestly so nervous about this, but I'm so glad I did it. #freedom
- Pay off (some) debt: While I paid off some debt, I didn't pay it all off. Unfortunately, pretty much every dollar I put towards my camera gear this past year was eaten up by crappy interest. I'm working on it. Money sucks.
- Build something: Did I build something? What did I even want to build?? I don't think I built anything. Idk idk.
- Grow closer with God: My relationship with God is ever growing. #truth
- Give: I could have given more, but I think I gave a lot. Next year I'll give more.
- Journaling: I started a journal/scrapbook thing, but I haven't been keeping up! I have to get on it!
- New blog: I really did want to make this new blog. I would still like to, but I need people and people didn't really seem interested in it. If it happens one day, it will.
Overall, I think I did pretty okay for a list of twenty-one goals. I'm not super upset about any of them if I didn't completely accomplish them because I have plenty of life left to keep working. Anyways. Expect another blog post with twenty-two goals tomorrow. Until then, bye!